The new Financial Times Master in Management Ranking was published in September 2016. 90 Master in Management (MIM) programs have been ranked according to a specific methodology.
- Find the full Financial Times Master in Management Ranking 2016 here...
- Search for more than 600 Masters in Management here...
Master in Management Top-ten programs
Five business schools with a Master in Management in the Top-Ten kept their position compared with last year's ranking: St.Gallen ist still number 1, HEC Paris number 2, and ESSEC number 3. The Rotterdam School of Management kept position 5 and London Business School position 6.
Next, we have some "improvers", particularly the following MIM programs: ESCP Europe climbed to position 4, IE Business School to position 7, the WU Vienna to position 8, and ESADE to position 9. Together with the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, hence, the top-ten includes programs from Switzerland, France, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Spain, Austria and Germany - quite a mix of different European countries that offer MIM candidates a wide variety of different study opportunities.
The CEMS Master in International Management did not participate
The CEMS Master in Management (offered from 29 business schools) did not participate in the ranking this year. According to the Financial Times, this was because CEMS wanted to "consult its members following changes to the methodology about reporting international diversity."
Master in Management Ranking Methodology
To be eligible for the FT Ranking, a 20% response rate from the schools' alumni is required with a minimum of 20 responses for schools who have less than 100 alumni in the graduating class. Overall, 7,200 alumni from 93 schools responded to the survey this year.
As for the Survey Criteria, 6 out of 16 criteria were answered by the schools' alumni: weighted salary today, value for money, careers, aims achieved (percent), placement success and international mobility - together, this contributed to 55 percent of the ranking's weight. The remaining 45 percent stem from other 10 criteria, provided by the schools.